www.ruthrosengarten.com




Drawing and photography are central to my practice. Both make pressing - if sometimes fictitious - claims to the capture of lost moments.




14/04/2010

Day in Cambridge

Black and sanguine Pitt pens, pencil crayon and watercolour in Moleskine sketchbook
Pencil and pencil crayon in Moleskine sketchbook. 
Black and sanguine Pitt pens and pencil crayon in Moleskine sketchbook.
Pencil and pencil crayon in Moleskine sketchbook.


I spent the day in Cambridge yesterday, doing some reading at the University Library, taking photographs, drawing, several cups of tea and coffee and a salad at Pret, an excellent film. Forget travel: this constitutes a great escape!
I find pencils the easiest drawing implement to use. The permanence of ink is scarier and consequently, my line gets even scratchier. I find the possibility of correcting with a rubber (ie eraser!) a great comfort...

No comments: