www.ruthrosengarten.com




Drawing and photography are central to my practice. Both make pressing - if sometimes fictitious - claims to the capture of lost moments.




27/05/2010

The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady

Brush markers in small Moleskine sketchbook

I'm beginning to feel like her... the Edwardian lady, Edith Holden. Except not as good. I can't stop with the garden already. The top two drawings done from photographs I was filing away today. Really messed one page up so stuck some Japanese craft paper on it and carried on drawing. The bottom two done quickly in the garden. 

2 comments:

froy said...

Well, your garden journal looks lovely to me. Both colours and shapes.

Unknown said...

Thank you! I felt nothing was coming out today so got hold of the smallest sketchbook. I'm loving the garden - it's my first!