www.ruthrosengarten.com




Drawing and photography are central to my practice. Both make pressing - if sometimes fictitious - claims to the capture of lost moments.




14/11/2010

Luscious fruit

Still working from photographs of Israel. I think I had such a long period in England, watching the seasons change in my garden, the things of everyday life – the dog, friends coming and going, hospitals and vets – that I am now still drinking in and absorbing the chance to see different light, different streets, architecture, people. There is the added fascination of Israel being the country where I was born and spent the first eight years of my life, so everything is at once strange and filled with a complete familiarity. This one is from the many photos (and drawings) of Shuk HaCarmel in Tel Aviv.
Brush markers in untitled sketchbook.



No comments: