www.ruthrosengarten.com




Drawing and photography are central to my practice. Both make pressing - if sometimes fictitious - claims to the capture of lost moments.




27/11/2010

Ninja Scroll

I had a commission to copy (while freely interpreting) an image from Ninja Scroll. Till last week, I'd never heard of Ninja Scroll. It's a "Japanese action thriller anime [movie and then TV series] set in feudal Japan, by director/writer Yoshiaki Kawariji, best known for his previous thriller Wicked City," about which I had also, of course, never heard. The character designs were done by Yutaka Minowa (thanks Wiki!)  I was pleased to find a reason to work on beautiful watercolour paper with Indian ink and a calligraphy brush.  Here are the two images I chose, out of several I made... any more takers?  I'll make new ones, or similar projects if anyone wants... contactable through my website.

Each drawing indian ink and gouache on heavy A3 watercolour Canson paper.





No comments: