www.ruthrosengarten.com




Drawing and photography are central to my practice. Both make pressing - if sometimes fictitious - claims to the capture of lost moments.




13/12/2010

Scarf and gloves

Winter gear - the scarf brightens up my always dark clothes. But the drawing is a disaster. I couldn't find my sketchbook so grabbed a piece of paper in the studio. I was sure it was a pencil crayon sort of drawing that this called for. But as soon as I started, I realised that the pattern on the scarf, which is what attracted me to do the drawing in the first place, was just too fiddly and detailed and that the pencils didn't grip properly, so I changed over to those beloved Faber-Castell Pitt brush pens. I really prefer to do drawings where I'm looking at a general sweep of something and not very finely wrought details. I thought I'd include this because drawing has been thin on the ground these past few days.
Pencil crayons and brush markers on cartridge paper.




No comments: